Algebra 1 has made a solid foundation to students from which students have explored linear equations, functions and inequalities. In algebra 2 builds the foundation and knowledge of algebra 1, but gradually students become capable of tackling all the questions. Our tutors will teach exponential and logarithmic functions, imaginary and complex numbers, matrices etc.
Most of you may have questions like
- What happens when we have both variables and constraints?
- How to solve equations with imaginary numbers?
- How to use Logarithms in Math problems?
- What are functions and how do we use it in solving problems?
Most students find it difficult in understanding math and are held back by their mindset not their capability. The more you use Math and struggle, the more it grows and helps you understand concepts better.
Find an Algebra tutor online with TutorVista anytime you’re working on homework or studying for exams, before or after class or on the weekends. TutorVista helps Algebra students in all grades and skill levels including Pre-Algebra, Algebra I and Algebra II, get help with Algebra concepts, including:
- Algebra formulas
- Algebraic equations
- Algebra word problems
- Graphing equations
- Factoring polynomials
- Linear inequalities
- Algebraic expressions
Our efficient Algebra tutors can help you find Algebra worksheets and practice problems to help you prepare for Algebra tests. If you're looking for tutors to help you catch up in math, or get ahead with math concepts, we have efficient tutors who would explain each and every concept in a step by step manner. Students can ask questions until they understand the syllabus well; our tutors are available 24/7 and can help you immediately.
Whether you're looking for immediate help with Algebra 2 or want to set up weekly tutoring, Algebra 2 math course is divided into several chapters and each chapter is divided into several lessons. Under each lesson there are examples, theory, and video lessons and have various examples of solving practice problems related to finding the slope and using several forms of writing the equation for a line.
Topics that are covered under Algebra 2 are:
- Finding the Slope of a Line from a Graph / Equation
- Midpoint Formula
- Slope and Slope-Intercept Form of a Line
- Standard Form of a Line
- Functions and Function Notation
- Domain and Range
- Direct and Indirect Variation
- Joint and Combined Variation
- Solving a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Solving a Linear System in Three Variables with a Solution
- Solving a Linear System in Three Variables with no or Infinite
- Matrix Operations / Matrix Multiplication
- Augmented Matrices
- Introduction to Polynomials
- Polynomial Function
- Basic Polynomial Graphs
- Multiplying Polynomials
- Pascal's Triangle
- Binomial Theorem
- Using Synthetic Division to Evaluate Polynomials
- Factoring the Sum or Difference of Cubes
- Rational Roots Theorem
- Adding , Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
- Simplifying Radicals using Rational Exponents
- Multiplying and Dividing Complex Numbers
- Graphing a Horizontal Parabola and Quadratic Inequality
- Deriving the Quadratic Formula
- The Circle
- The Ellipse
- The Hyperbola
- Product Rule and Quotient Rule of Logarithms
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities
Most of you might wonder what is Algebra 2 all about? Well we have a few topics and what it teaches students in Algebra 2 listed below:
- Functions teach students how to use function notation and how to define a function, how to find domain and range, and how to interpret word problems with direct and indirect variation.
- Systems of Linear Equations demonstrate to students methods of dealing with problems relating to systems of equations in two or more variables both algebraically and with graphs.
- Matrices teach students to use matrix operations like adding scalar multiples of rows, and to give practice with the applications of an improved matrix.
- Factoring evaluates real and imaginary numbers out of polynomials, including quadratics and cubics.
- Polynomials teach in defining the polynomial function and provide exercise on interpreting the graphs of polynomials and their transformations, and how to multiply and divide them both.
- Roots and Radicals explain to students to rational exponents and help with learning how to simplify and manipulate expressions with radicals and roots using their rules and properties.
- Quadratic Equations introduce students to the graphs of quadratics, teaches to find the vertex, intercepts, domain, discriminant, and range and interpret the graph.
- Conic sections include the definitions, formulas or algebraic representations, and graphs of circles, ellipses and hyperbolas, as well as applications to nonlinear equations.
- Sequences and Series help students define, write and interpret different types of series and sequences, such as arithmetic and geometric, and how to use mathematical proofs.
- Linear Equations evaluate ideas related to the topic and provide students with assistance solving practice problems.
- Exponents help students learn exponential expressions and equations and use the rules and properties of exponents relating to multiplication, division, zeros and negatives.
If you're looking for help with your upcoming Math Midterm in Algebra 2 or if your free only on Tuesdays and Thursdays all you have to do is connect with our Tutors for instant help, they are available 24/7. TutorVista provides free access to qualified tutors who offer online tutoring at your convenience.