''Practice makes a man perfect'', This phrase comes true with math. Every student is scared of Math Practice Test but as math is one of the most important academic subjects, this cannot be avoided. Be it math test or math homework, practice is the most essential thing.
Exams like GED, SAT, ACT and so on are the high ranking exams having math as the compulsory subjects. Clearing these exams not just allow a high strata entrance but increases one’s reasoning and mathematical skills to a great extent.
General Educational Development (GED) is a test that certifies a student qualified as a high school candidate for American and Canadian high schools. This is one of the important competitive exams based on math.
American College Testing (ACT) is a standardized test organized to select students for college admissions in United States. It not just allow you to get admissions for good colleges but improves your math as a whole.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is another test organized for college admissions in United States. This is one of the most high ranking exams and math is one of the compulsory papers in these exams.
Work the following math problems, rate yourself and check where you stand:
1) Matt scored 8 more points than Ted in the basketball game, and their scores together made up a quarter of the team's total scoring, which was 112. Which equation represents this scenario?A: 4(8 + x) = 112
B: 4(2x + 8) = 112
C: 112/4 = 8 + x
D: x = 112/(4 x 8)
2) What is the value of 20x - 3y2 if x = 2 and y = 3?
3) A computer supplies store sold $\$$19,304.56 in goods during the month of May. If the cost of the products was $\$$5,284.34, the cost to rent the space was $\$$2,920.99, and employees were paid a total of 8,384.76, what was the store's total profit during the month of May?A. $\$$2,714.47
4) Bonnie invested $\$$5,000 in a high interest savings account at the beginning of 1998. She earns 4% interest each year. At the end of 1998, after her interest for the year was awarded, what was Bonnie's new balance?
A. $\$$ 5,020
|5) If Janet buys 6 dresses at 15% off the normal price x, which expression represents how much she has saved? |
B: .15 (6x)
|6) Simplify: 4(x + x2 + 3x2 - 6x) |
A: -20x + 16x2
B: 24x +16x2
C: 20x + 16x2
7) At a certain high school, the respective weights for the following subjects are:
Mathematics 3, English 3, History 2, Science 2 and Art 1. What is a student's average whose marks were the following: Geometry 89, American Literature 92, American History 94, Biology 81, and Sculpture 85?
8) Jim can fill a pool carrying buckets of water in 30 minutes. Sue can do the same job in 45 minutes. Tony can do the same job in 1 ½ hours. How quickly can all three fill the pool together?
A. 12 minutes
9) If the average of three numbers is V. If one of the numbers is Z and another is Y, what is the remaining number?
A. ZY - V
10) Two cyclists start biking from a trail's start 3 hours apart. The second cyclist travels at 10 miles per hour and starts 3 hours after the first cyclist who is traveling at 6 miles per hour. How much time will pass before the second cyclist catches up with the first from the time the second cyclist started biking?
A. 2 hours