'Practice makes a man perfect' –this phrase is appropriate for Math. It has been observed that most students hate Math as often they’ve moved on to a new grade or new topic before they’re really understand the present topic, hence students move to the next level with a really shaky foundation they do not understand the concepts in a right manner.
To understand Math concepts thoroughly students are advised to take online Math sessions from TutorVista at their preferred time regularly. Math practice test is another added advantage through which students can measure their understanding before exams. Math is a scoring subject and to get good marks in Math, students should practice the problems repeatedly. TutorVista offers Math practice test for different academic standards. Students can opt for these tests and enhance their skills and change the impression about Math.Exams like GED, SAT and ACT is well known and Math is included in these exams as a compulsory section. Students must practice Math wisely to clear these exams. Students, who want to appear for these exams should have good reasoning and mathematical skills.
General Educational Development (GED): is a test that measures a student’s proficiency and certifies that he/she has met the academic skills and gains admission into American and Canadian high schools. Preparing for GED Math can be a difficult challenge but once you pass the test students can use it as a stepping stone for a new career, any motivated person can pass the test with flying colors.
American College Testing (ACT): is a standardized test organized to select students for college admission in United States. ACT allows students to get admissions in good colleges by measuring the capability of a student to complete college-level. Get the most out of your hard work as the ACT Scores are based on skills through continuous practice and assessments.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): is a test organized to improve a student's accreditation forcollege admission in United States. This is one of the honored exams wherein you don't need to learn up lots of new formulas but will need to sharpen your thinking skills, students need to have good knowledge in Math and practice repeatedly to score good in this exam.
Work on the following Math problems, assess yourself and check where you stand.
1) Matt scored 8 more points than Ted in the basketball game, and their scores together made up a quarter of the team's total scoring, which was 112. Which equation represents this scenario?A: 4(8 + x) = 112
B: 4(2x + 8) = 112
C: 112/4 = 8 + x
D: x = 112/(4 x 8)
2) What is the value of 20x - 3y2 if x = 2 and y = 3?
3) A computer supplies store sold $\$$19,304.56 in goods during the month of May. If the cost of the products was $\$$5,284.34, the cost to rent the space was $\$$2,920.99, and employees were paid a total of 8,384.76, what was the store's total profit during the month of May?A. $\$$2,714.47
4) Bonnie invested $\$$5,000 in a high interest savings account at the beginning of 1998. She earns 4% interest each year. At the end of 1998, after her interest for the year was awarded, what was Bonnie's new balance?
A. $\$$ 5,020
|5) If Janet buys 6 dresses at 15% off the normal price x, which expression represents how much she has saved? |
B: .15 (6x)
|6) Simplify: 4(x + x2 + 3x2 - 6x) |
A: -20x + 16x2
B: 24x +16x2
C: 20x + 16x2
7) At a certain high school, the respective weights for the following subjects are:
Mathematics 3, English 3, History 2, Science 2 and Art 1. What is a student's average whose marks were the following: Geometry 89, American Literature 92, American History 94, Biology 81, and Sculpture 85?
8) Jim can fill a pool carrying buckets of water in 30 minutes. John can do the same job in 45 minutes. Tony can do the same job in 1 ½ hours. How quickly can all three fill the pool together?
A. 12 minutes
9) If the average of three numbers is V. If one of the numbers is Z and another is Y, what is the remaining number?
A. ZY - V
10) Two cyclists start biking from a trail's start 3 hours apart. The second cyclist travels at 10 miles per hour and starts 3 hours after the first cyclist who is traveling at 6 miles per hour. How much time will pass before the second cyclist catches up with the first from the time the second cyclist started biking?
A. 2 hours
|Math Help Online||Online Math Tutor|